| King of the Forest 2008
|| Sept 21, 2008|
- Sept 21st - 4pm @ Seymour's Demonstration Forest
- North Vancouver at Lower Seymour Conversation Reserve.
- We've got guys coming from Vancouver Island, Chilliwack, Calgary, Seattle and Portland.
- There will a King, Queen and Youth.
- Cash and Prizes to be won!
- more info at unkleindustries.com
The Demonstration Forest Pathway was calling on Sept 21st 2008 for 50 hardcore
participants to push and bomb the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve. King of the
Forest 2008 was a huge success with the largest field ever. $1000 CASH and $1000 in
PRIZES where awarded to top athletes. These commuters came to test their legs and
lungs in the climbs and descents of Mount Seymour’s river basin. Fastest participants
came in at 32 mins for 14.4 km traveled. Highest speeds where clocked at 59km/hr.
Participants traveled from Portland, Seattle, Vancouver Island and Alberta to push the
limits with their comrades on the North Shore, Mount Seymour.
- KING $500 cash plus prizes – David Mitchell– Portland OR
- 2nd $150 cash plus prizes – Robin McGuirk –Portland OR
- 3rd $100 cash plus prizes – Paul Kent –Calgary AB
- 4th $50 cash plus prizes - Patrick Switzer –Toronto, ON
- QUEEN - $100 gift cert. plus prizes - Caitlin Riel– North Vancouver BC
- GROM - $100 gift cert. plus prizes - Wolf Forest Coleman (14 yrs) - Vancouver BC
KOTF is an event for all riding levels, styles and ages. From as young as 10 years and
well over 40 these participants showed the true diversity of our audience. Safety was
paramount at this event and we want to ensure good standing with the Conservation
Authority for years to come. Big thanks to the volunteers and sponsors that made the
event possible. Special Thanks to Rayne, Sector 9, Landyachtz, Switchbacklongboards.com and Deep Cove Outdoors. See you next year for KOTF2009.